Platform: it's really elementary
0 Comments Published by rizumu on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 12:41 AM.
May has finally come and Footstool reunited for the first time this year on Sunday at my home (I should have taken pictures, would love to document some moments). I had forgotten how mentally draining reading scripts could be, and how much fun and joy there is as we spent close to three over hours together just going through the many scripts that CK has brought to tingle our acting buds. Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed it and also gained much from that session. Heartfelt prayers, realizing our priorities and laying God first before us in all we do, it was really comforting to have a group of peers in the same light.
I remember Ann right now, she's probably still in pain from her wisdom tooth reaction.
I also remember JT's blog entry in our purpose or say vocation of life. He just got a promotion but quickly adds that my full time job is serving God (in his case TRU) and part time job is the promotion perks he had. That got me thinking...
It's true and I quickly forget, and its important that different moments and people remind us of that. That my ultimate service and purpose is to serve Him and may all glory be to Him. And in that respect, it changes perspective entirely for me. There's more grace involved that's for sure and definitely more empathy too.
It's funny how you perceive the world really depends on the platform that you're on, ain't it?
I have been reflecting on Sunday message and something really tugged me with Hebrews 6:1-2 and John 15:9 - 11. As i continue to scribble on my whiteboard and think about it, I think about the elementary principles shared in that passage. Those requirements to gain spiritual maturity.
The basis of not living for ourselves, but living for others. Or nicely put and much said by some, "live simply so that others may simply live."
Timely, timely reminder.
As I take more awareness in repositioning myself and aligning God in my different spheres of life, it's important to highlight that this alignment may take a daily course. I speak to so many who are quickly burnt out, many who mention that they are backslidden (but really I call them outstanding Christians) why? this is a cunning one, they are the Christians who stand outside the church :)
But really, I sometimes do myself. And it's all really, distraction after distractions. It's important to anchor God deep in our hearts. I write this right now, to remind myself and not to call out to others.
On the flipside, I just can't imagine life without God anymore. I wouldn't know how to move forward in life without some form of dependence. Call it fear and somewhat trembling, but my upcoming BIG decisions in life can't be supported by a her, him or an it - be it whatever earthly darlings it may be.
And if there was anything that gave me a wake up call, would probably be this:-
how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? ~ Hebrews 8:14.
I remember Ann right now, she's probably still in pain from her wisdom tooth reaction.
I also remember JT's blog entry in our purpose or say vocation of life. He just got a promotion but quickly adds that my full time job is serving God (in his case TRU) and part time job is the promotion perks he had. That got me thinking...
It's true and I quickly forget, and its important that different moments and people remind us of that. That my ultimate service and purpose is to serve Him and may all glory be to Him. And in that respect, it changes perspective entirely for me. There's more grace involved that's for sure and definitely more empathy too.
It's funny how you perceive the world really depends on the platform that you're on, ain't it?
I have been reflecting on Sunday message and something really tugged me with Hebrews 6:1-2 and John 15:9 - 11. As i continue to scribble on my whiteboard and think about it, I think about the elementary principles shared in that passage. Those requirements to gain spiritual maturity.
The basis of not living for ourselves, but living for others. Or nicely put and much said by some, "live simply so that others may simply live."
Timely, timely reminder.
As I take more awareness in repositioning myself and aligning God in my different spheres of life, it's important to highlight that this alignment may take a daily course. I speak to so many who are quickly burnt out, many who mention that they are backslidden (but really I call them outstanding Christians) why? this is a cunning one, they are the Christians who stand outside the church :)
But really, I sometimes do myself. And it's all really, distraction after distractions. It's important to anchor God deep in our hearts. I write this right now, to remind myself and not to call out to others.
On the flipside, I just can't imagine life without God anymore. I wouldn't know how to move forward in life without some form of dependence. Call it fear and somewhat trembling, but my upcoming BIG decisions in life can't be supported by a her, him or an it - be it whatever earthly darlings it may be.
And if there was anything that gave me a wake up call, would probably be this:-
how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? ~ Hebrews 8:14.

0 Responses to “Platform: it's really elementary”
Post a Comment